About The Walking Pilgrimage to Fatima
Fátima was only a small unknown village in Portugal, until in the late spring of 1917, when a young peasant girl named Lucia, and her two cousins, Francisco and Jacinta, saw an apparition of a beautiful lady dressed in white, holding a rosary. Lucia described her as being more brilliant than the sun and “radiated light more clear and intense than a crystal glass filled with sparkling water, when the rays of the burning sun shine through it.” As word of the children’s apparitions spread, the lives of these three simple shepherds and their village would change forever.
Today, Fátima is one of the most important places of Catholic worship in the world, attracting millions of pilgrims annually. It is a charming city, with striking architecture and a compelling history. Located in the Central Region of Portugal, it is considered to be the most religious city in Portugal. Join us on this 8-Day Pilgrimage along The Portuguese Way!
8-Day Pilgrimage: The Walking Pilgrimage to Faitma
Single Occupancy: $TBD
Double Occupancy: $TBD
July 5 – 12, 2021
All pilgrimages require a $500 deposit to secure your spot.
- Stay overnight in historic quaint towns along the historic route
- Attend Mass at The Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima
- Recieve passports and credentials from pilgrim office
- Enjoy rooms with private baths
- Two Catholic Charities-hosted dinners in Havana
- All travel arrangements made by Catholic Charities (except flight)
- Daily luggage transfers
- Small group sizes
- A portion of the trip supports Catholic Charities of California
- Group leader available for assistance
- Pilgrim booklet with maps and hotel information
A portion of your trip supports the work of Catholic Charities of California, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, whose mission is to serve the most vulnerable in our communities.