About The Footsteps of Mexican Martyrs
This pilgrimage travels through central Mexico and follows in the footsteps of the Mexican Martyrs. Our spiritual guide and leader is Monsignor James Murphy, the author of “Saints and Sinners in the Cristero War,” which documents persecution of Catholics by the Mexican government in the 1920s. In addition to the sites of the martyrs, we also explore some of Mexico’s most popular Catholic sites like the Marian Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe, and Our Lady of San Juan de los Lagos (Immaculate Conception), and the statue of “Cristo Rey.” This pilgrimage was designed to broaden your understanding of the rich history and the devout spirituality of the Mexican people and culture.
10-DAY FOOTSTEPS OF MEXICAN MARTYRS
For dates and prices, please contact our office.
October 2022 TBD
All pilgrimages require a $500 deposit to secure your spot.
- Monsignor Murphy will be the guide and spiritual leader
- Monsignor Murphy’s book – “Saints and Sinners in the Cristero War: Stories of Martyrdom from Mexico”
- Visit Guadalajara, San Pedro Tlaquepaque, Tequila, Santa Ana de Guadalupe, Queretaro City, and Mexico City
- Visit the Shrines of Our Lady of Guadalupe and Our Lady of San Juan de Los Lagos (Immaculate Conception)
- All breakfasts and lunches
- Enjoy single or double occupancy rooms with private baths
- Two Catholic Charities hosted dinners
- All travel arrangements made by Catholic Charities (except flights)
- A portion of the trip supports Catholic Charities of California
- Group leader available for assistance
- Pilgrim booklet with maps and hotel information
A portion of your trip supports the work of Catholic Charities of California, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, whose mission is to serve the most vulnerable in our communities.